The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Imagine If Canada Was Like Israel

Started by Anonymous, July 16, 2014, 03:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

An excellent piece here from Lorne Gunter. It's easy for some ultra-lefty Westerners to judge, but Israel's response has not only been justified but also measured.
QuoteYou're standing in line to get into one of the popular nightclubs along Edmonton's Whyte Ave. when the air-raid sirens wail and you have to scramble for the nearest shelter along with hundreds of other clubbers. Radicals from Spruce Grove have once again fired missiles towards the Alberta capital where residents now have fewer than eight minutes to rush to safety.

Or you're laid out on Toronto's Kew-Balmy Beach on a hot summer's day with your kids (and a few thousand of your closest friends) when your relaxation is shattered by an incoming-rocket warning. Insurgents in Markham have launched an aerial attack. Panic breaks out. There's nowhere to hide.

That's what it's like in Israel. Weddings, barbecues, shopping trips, business meetings, golf rounds, dinners at sidewalk cafes, days in the park are routinely interrupted by missiles launched from the Gaza Strip with the blessing and assistance of the terrorist Hamas government there.

In peaceful Canada it's hard to fathom, but in Israel millions of ordinary citizens live in the shadow of groups that wish them dead, every day. Jihadis, who are often close enough to see the Israeli towns they are firing on, have the weapons and the will to kill or maim Israelis who are simply going about their everyday routines.

If Canadian cities and citizens were being bombarded the same way – at random, from neighbouring communities – we and our governments would react just as Israel is, by bombing suspected missile sites, perhaps even sending in ground troops to flush out the enemy's weapons and military command structure.

Strike fighters from Ottawa would be asked to fly over Hull and remove the launch sites.

Blame for the current Israel-Hamas fight is very one-sided: If Hamas had stopped the incessant rocket attacks on Israeli civilians at any time in the past six years (since the last Israel-Hamas conflict) there would be no Israeli attacks now.

None. It's that simple.

The 175 or so Palestinians who have died in Israeli attacks in the past week are not victims of Israeli aggression or colonialism. They are victims of their own government's refusal to stop shelling Israel.

Eventually Israel lost patience with the endless Hamas rocket barrages and did what it has every right and duty to do: protect its citizens.

But Israel occupies Gaza, you say, so the Palestinian rocket attacks are justified attempts to win freedom.

Israel has had no troops stationed in Gaza nor any settlers in territory in nearly a decade.

For years, Gazan authorities promised terror attacks launched from their soil would end if Israel withdrew its troops and dismantled Jewish settlements there.

So in 2005 the government of Ariel Sharon removed 21 settlements from Gaza, many containing Israelis who had known no other home. Third and even fourth generation Gazan Jews were forcibly removed by Israeli soldiers. More than 2,500 homes were razed in heartwrenching scenes of crying settlers and teary infantrymen.

Rather than stopping, as promised, the rocket attacks escalated until 2008 when Israel last sent troops into Gaza.

OK, so Israel doesn't occupy Gaza, but it blockades it, you charge.

True, but Israel's land and sea blockades seek to stop weapons and fighters.

Tons of food moves from Israel to Gaza every day, as well as medical and construction supplies. More than 10,000 Palestinians a year are treated for free in Israeli hospitals.

Even the deaths of Palestinian civilians caused by Israeli airstrikes are the result of Hamas's deliberate decision to place its military assets and launch sites in school grounds, hospitals, apartment buildings and shopping centres.

Israel's response to being attacked might seem harsh, but it is what any country in the same position would do.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/07/15/terror----in-your-own-backyard">http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/07/15/t ... n-backyard">http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/07/15/terror----in-your-own-backyard

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"An excellent piece here from Lorne Gunter. It's easy for some ultra-lefty Westerners to judge, but Israel's response has not only been justified but also measured.
QuoteYou're standing in line to get into one of the popular nightclubs along Edmonton's Whyte Ave. when the air-raid sirens wail and you have to scramble for the nearest shelter along with hundreds of other clubbers. Radicals from Spruce Grove have once again fired missiles towards the Alberta capital where residents now have fewer than eight minutes to rush to safety.

Or you're laid out on Toronto's Kew-Balmy Beach on a hot summer's day with your kids (and a few thousand of your closest friends) when your relaxation is shattered by an incoming-rocket warning. Insurgents in Markham have launched an aerial attack. Panic breaks out. There's nowhere to hide.

That's what it's like in Israel. Weddings, barbecues, shopping trips, business meetings, golf rounds, dinners at sidewalk cafes, days in the park are routinely interrupted by missiles launched from the Gaza Strip with the blessing and assistance of the terrorist Hamas government there.

In peaceful Canada it's hard to fathom, but in Israel millions of ordinary citizens live in the shadow of groups that wish them dead, every day. Jihadis, who are often close enough to see the Israeli towns they are firing on, have the weapons and the will to kill or maim Israelis who are simply going about their everyday routines.

If Canadian cities and citizens were being bombarded the same way – at random, from neighbouring communities – we and our governments would react just as Israel is, by bombing suspected missile sites, perhaps even sending in ground troops to flush out the enemy's weapons and military command structure.

Strike fighters from Ottawa would be asked to fly over Hull and remove the launch sites.

Blame for the current Israel-Hamas fight is very one-sided: If Hamas had stopped the incessant rocket attacks on Israeli civilians at any time in the past six years (since the last Israel-Hamas conflict) there would be no Israeli attacks now.

None. It's that simple.

The 175 or so Palestinians who have died in Israeli attacks in the past week are not victims of Israeli aggression or colonialism. They are victims of their own government's refusal to stop shelling Israel.

Eventually Israel lost patience with the endless Hamas rocket barrages and did what it has every right and duty to do: protect its citizens.

But Israel occupies Gaza, you say, so the Palestinian rocket attacks are justified attempts to win freedom.

Israel has had no troops stationed in Gaza nor any settlers in territory in nearly a decade.

For years, Gazan authorities promised terror attacks launched from their soil would end if Israel withdrew its troops and dismantled Jewish settlements there.

So in 2005 the government of Ariel Sharon removed 21 settlements from Gaza, many containing Israelis who had known no other home. Third and even fourth generation Gazan Jews were forcibly removed by Israeli soldiers. More than 2,500 homes were razed in heartwrenching scenes of crying settlers and teary infantrymen.

Rather than stopping, as promised, the rocket attacks escalated until 2008 when Israel last sent troops into Gaza.

OK, so Israel doesn't occupy Gaza, but it blockades it, you charge.

True, but Israel's land and sea blockades seek to stop weapons and fighters.

Tons of food moves from Israel to Gaza every day, as well as medical and construction supplies. More than 10,000 Palestinians a year are treated for free in Israeli hospitals.

Even the deaths of Palestinian civilians caused by Israeli airstrikes are the result of Hamas's deliberate decision to place its military assets and launch sites in school grounds, hospitals, apartment buildings and shopping centres.

Israel's response to being attacked might seem harsh, but it is what any country in the same position would do.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/07/15/terror----in-your-own-backyard">http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/07/15/t ... n-backyard">http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/07/15/terror----in-your-own-backyard

I would love to walk along the Via Dolorosa.

Anonymous

Israel is an amazing little country that faces challenges unlike any other civilized nation. While Israel built the iron dome defence system to shield her citizens, Hamas uses children as shields to protect cowardly terrorists.

Gary Oak

Well the Romeros would then get to walk through muslims neighbourhoods and feel their pain of wanting to kill nonmuslim Canadians and lob bombs into nnmuslim neighbouhoods in hopes of random killings. The Romeros would also feel that nonmuslim Canadians shouldn't defend themselves from these attacks.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gary Oak"Well the Romeros would then get to walk through muslims neighbourhoods and feel their pain of wanting to kill nonmuslim Canadians and lob bombs into nnmuslim neighbouhoods in hopes of random killings. The Romeros would also feel that nonmuslim Canadians shouldn't defend themselves from these attacks.

Romero is so full of shit when it comes to Islamic scum. It's an ideology of hate and misogyny that belongs back in the 8th fucking century.

cc

Our pretend good guy pet twists himself into an obscene pretzel in attempting to defend islam ...  in effect supporting the misogyny, cruelty, violence, race hatred, non-believer hatred, supremacist core of the most vile supremacist ideology this earth has ever known. ..... and yes, ... worse than the monsters of the 30s and 40s.

As he does not have the excuse of indoctrination from birth, it is voluntary for him ....  making he and his ilk worse than the worse of the islamics. islamics  have a lame excuse. He has no excuse beyond sheer stupidity and a vile hatred of the ethics of his own society.  

Without the ludicrous hypocritical support of many of his "enabler"  ilk trying to Lipstick the Pig, the Trojan Horse called  islam would not be be a threat to anyone other than to itself.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Our pretend good guy pet twists himself into an obscene pretzel in attempting to defend islam ...  in effect supporting the misogyny, cruelty, violence, race hatred, non-believer hatred, supremacist core of the most vile supremacist ideology this earth has ever known. ..... and yes, ... worse than the monsters of the 30s and 40s.

As he does not have the excuse of indoctrination from birth, it is voluntary for him ....  making he and his ilk worse than the worse of the islamics. islamics  have a lame excuse. He has no excuse beyond sheer stupidity and a vile hatred of the ethics of his own society.  

Without the ludicrous hypocritical support of many of his "enabler"  ilk trying to Lipstick the Pig, the Trojan Horse called  islam would not be be a threat to anyone other than to itself.

Islam is totally opposite to everything people like old Vesna and Romero claim to believe in. I will never understand why some Western leftists choose to defend such a bigoted ideology? Not all leftists of course. Bill Maher for example speaks out against Islam. However, too many leftists are defending Islam even though it is opposed to everything they say they believe in. Maybe Romero and Vesna are a couple of phonies?

Romero

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Our pretend good guy pet twists himself into an obscene pretzel in attempting to defend islam ...  in effect supporting the misogyny, cruelty, violence, race hatred, non-believer hatred, supremacist core of the most vile supremacist ideology this earth has ever known. ..... and yes, ... worse than the monsters of the 30s and 40s.

:lol: Look at how angry you are just because I didn't fall for an e-mail hoax and you did! You should be angry with yourself for falling for so many of them!

Knowing that an e-mail hoax is an e-mail hoax isn't "defending Islam". Not falling for some hoax doesn't exactly make me a woman hater and supporter of violence. Your ridiculous accusations can't alter reality.

You only have yourself to blame for being wrong. Don't like it? Stop doing it!

Romero

Quote from: "Shen Li"Islam is totally opposite to everything people like old evs and Romero claim to believe in. I will never understand why some Western leftists choose to defend such a bigoted ideology?

I've never once defended Islam. None of you have ever found one post showing so and none of you ever will.

I defend good people. Bad Muslims are bad and good Muslims are good. You got a problem with that?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Islam is totally opposite to everything people like old evs and Romero claim to believe in. I will never understand why some Western leftists choose to defend such a bigoted ideology?

I've never once defended Islam. None of you have ever found one post showing so and none of you ever will.

I defend good people. Bad Muslims are bad and good Muslims are good. You got a problem with that?

Do you agree then that Islam is an evil ideology?

Romero

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Nope. It can be used for evil just as other religions can, but the vast majority of Muslims are good people.

Do you believe most Muslims are evil?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Nope. It can be used for evil just as other religions can, but the vast majority of Muslims are good people.

Do you believe most Muslims are evil?

I believe anyone that follows commandments to kill non-believers, gays women is evil. Anyone that follows Islamic commandments is evil. The question is why you give Islam a free pass to hate?

cc

He has  not 1. Read Mein Kuranpf (much less the other two hate books) nor has he 2. Followed its effect on so many followers throughout the world and in the West ... so his view is based on merely "wishes" and has zero creditable value in the real word

It's islam stupid!!! ...... islam the supremacist "ideology" affecting  an extremely high ratio of  indoctrinated-from-birth and living that ideology  .... 24/7/365 ....Stockholm Syndrome blinded  followers

I suggest he do neither of the above as I don't know how he would handle having his "happy bubble" busted. Sometimes its best to just bump along  thinking it's all OK

At the same time, I fail to comprehend how (and have no tolerance  for)  anyone who looks at the world and sees islam-in-action everywhere ... and does not get the message that "something" is very unique about and very wrong within islam
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Romero

Quote from: "Shen Li"Anyone that follows Islamic commandments is evil.

So you believe all Muslims are evil. Yet you have Muslim friends.

Romero

Quote from: "cc li tarte"He has  not 1. Read Mein Kuranpf (much less the other two hate books) nor has he 2. Followed its effect on so many followers throughout the world and in the West ... so his view is based on merely "wishes" and has zero creditable value in the real word

It's islam stupid!!! ...... islam the supremacist "ideology" affecting  an extremely high ratio of  indoctrinated-from-birth and living that ideology  .... 24/7/365 ....Stockholm Syndrome blinded  followers

I suggest he do neither of the above as I don't know how he would handle having his "happy bubble" busted. Sometimes its best to just bump along  thinking it's all OK

At the same time, I fail to comprehend how (and have no tolerance  for)  anyone who looks at the world and sees islam-in-action everywhere ... and does not get the message that "something" is very unique about and very wrong within islam

Have you fired your Islamic employee yet? Or are you still writing him checks?